A study has found that no matter how much you invest in conditioner and curling tongs, copper in our water supply can leave our hair dull and lifeless.
Low levels of the metal occur naturally in tap water, but most deposits come from pipes and hot water tanks in our homes.
The residue gradually builds up and increases damage that your hair may already have, causing split ends and flyaway strands.
Car makers say the companies should design cars suitable for high heels and with comfy seats, so that women want to drive them.
Instead, car companies are paying more attention to a car's horsepower than to the effect of high heels on leg-room-- and whether seats fit women's backs better than men's.
Research has showed that half of all women are unhappy with their cars and three-quarters of them feel ‘misunderstood' by car makers.
Execs feel a need to train more women engineers, who can help design and create the 'female-friendly' cars of the future.
NOTE: Women who are the key influence in seven out of ten car purchases.
1. It's an excuse to dance--It's like a free club with people you know instead of strangers. What beats that?
2. There's an open bar--The alcohol will be flowing and you don't have to worry about being sober in front of relatives, awake enough for the "wedding night," or perky the next morning for a honeymoon flight.
3. It's less sketchy than a bar for meeting and flirting with guys--Other single guys attending the wedding have at least passed the crazy test with either the bride or groom, so they shouldn't be as creepy as bar hoppers.
4. Two words: bachelorette party--Bachelorette parties and destination weddings mean you have perfect excuses to take minivacations. And if you're single, you'll be able to take advantage of any male attention.
5. You can catch up with girlfriends you haven't seen in a while--With all the parties, showers, and big-day festivities, a wedding is a great way to reconnect with friends you've been too busy to spend time with.
6. There's free food and cake--While the bride is too busy to eat and too worried about her wedding dress figure, you can eat guilt-free and just dance it off!
7. It's a reason to dress up--If you've been looking for a chance to wear your favorite cocktail dresses, a wedding is the perfect event to do it.
8. You can take notes for your own future wedding--As a guest, you can see what works and what doesn't firsthand and learn from their mistakes for your own big day!
9. It's a way to make new friends--If you don't know a ton of people at the wedding, there's no better icebreaker than a night of dancing and champagne toasts
Scientists have found too much stress really does turn our hair white. Researchers discovered that the cells that give hair its color disappears when the body is exposed to stress hormones. Unfortunately for those affected, these ‘colorful' cells are unlikely to return, leaving the hair grey for good. The scientists experimented with mice to find that stress causes the melanocyte stem cells that control skin and hair color to disappear. This could also explain why stress can also cause skin to appear darker.
Canadian researchers have found that high-fructose corn syrup can cause behavioral reactions in rats 'similar to those produced by drugs of abuse, such as cocaine.'
The researchers said that their findings suggested there was an addictive quality to foods that contain high levels of high-fructose corn syrup which could partly explain the current obesity epidemic.
Another thing to consider is that high-fructose corn syrup hides in fast food meals as one of the main ingredients in everything from burger buns and sauces to soft drinks.
High fructose corn syrup was discovered in the 1950s, but it wasn't until the '70s that it became widely used.
People are now inviting their friends and family to watch their wedding over the Internet instead of being there in person.
The so-called e-weddings are becoming more popular because couples want to share their big day with a larger audience.
And there are now companies that provide wedding live-stream services to help with e-weddings. "On the big day, guests simply go to a website and enter the login to watch the ceremony."
Today is the last day of the Chicago concert ticket giveaway featuring the "Song of the Day". Be caller nine when you hear the song start on the McFadden & Evans show. Good Luck! The concert date is June 17th at the I-Wireless Center.
Today's "Song of the Day":
ALONG COMES A WOMAN